Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Rampant Theft By TSA Airport Security

This is a sobering look into how easy it is for TSA security officers to steal our belongings. This former agent, Pythius Brown, spent 3 years in jail for stealing around $800,000 worth of other people's property over a 4 year period at the Newark New Jersey Airport. In the span of 10 years, around 400 TSA agents have been fired for theft.  That's a heck of a lot of people. Brown worked behind the ticket counters, alone, screening baggage.

In spite of the fact that we are told not to put anything of value in our checked luggage, you would be surprised how many people still do.

Keep anything of value with you, and be hyper vigilant as you go through the security check point.  When I am being screened, I always have an eye on my carry-on baggage, and I remove any metal that I might have on my body prior to going through the check point.

Sad that TSA is so careless in its screening of potential employees, but as Brown explains, it was just so easy he fell into it without much trouble.

Of course it's not just TSA, you also have flight attendants, and baggage handlers that can steal your belongings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not post any spam comments, so please don't waste your time.